Duties of a Licensed Veterinarian
According to the Oregon Veterinary Practice Act, a Licensed Veterinarian is a person who practices veterinary medicine, surgery or dentistry by doing any of the following:
- Diagnoses, treats or prognosticates an animal medical problem.
- Prescribes or administers a drug, medicine or treatment for the prevention, cure, amelioration, correction or modification of an animal problem or for euthanasia.
- Induces anesthesia in an animal.
- Performs a surgical or dental operation or procedure upon an animal.
- Performs an embryo transfer or pregnancy, sterility or fertility evaluation.
- Gives an instruction or demonstration regarding the acts described in this section, except as an agent or employee of this state or of the federal government.
- Advertises or represents in any manner, publicly or privately, that the person is willing to do any of the acts described in this section.
Curt Nitschelm: Veterinarian
Curt grew up in Klamath Falls, Oregon; and his very first job was "landscaping" (a.k.a. pulling weeds and mowing lawns...Read More »
Shawn Clark: Veterinarian
Shawn's very first job was as a valet parking attendant for Orange Hills Restaurant in California...Read More »
Cassee Terry: Veterinarian
Cassee was born the eldest of five kids, and raised in Central Oregon...Read More »
Kate Lane: Veterinarian
541-548-1048Read More »