Duties of a Veterinary Technician
All duties of a Veterinary Technician must be performed under the supervision of a Licensed Veterinarian. The Oregon State Veterinary Medical Examining Board shall promulgate rules regarding the services a Veterinary Technician may perform, including, but not limited to:
- Obtaining and recording information cases.
- Preparation of patients, instruments, equipment, and medicants for surgery.
- Collection of specimens and performance of certain laboratory procedures.
- Application of wound dressings.
- Assisting the veterinarian in diagnostic, medical and surgical proceedings.
Rachael Runck: Certified Veterinary Technician
One of Rachael's first jobs was as a horse wrangler for four years at Cooperstown Bible Camp in North Dakota...Read More »
Randy Wilson: Certified Veterinary Technician
Randy grew up spending time volunteering for his local vet clinic when he was young, and then became a cowboy for the next 23 years.Read More »
Jessie Palmer: Certified Veterinary Technician
One of Jessie's first jobs was riding and training colts for a local trainer...Read More »