- The animal lives exclusively indoors.
- There is no exposure to other animals.
- The animal is never boarded in a commercial kennel.
- The animal is never taken to be groomed.
- Other animals in the household are known to be strictly indoors.
- No visiting pets.
- The animal lives indoors predominately or has opportunities for unsupervised outdoor activities.
- There is occasional or likely exposure to other animals of unknown health status (parks, canyon trails, camping, etc.).
- The animal is intermittently or routinely boarded in a commercial kennel.
- Other animals in the household are known to roam or have contact with other animals of unknown health status.
- The animal is occasionally or routinely groomed at a facility where other dogs are maintained.
- The animal has access (supervised or otherwise) to areas inhabited by "reservoir" hosts (eg. opossum, skunk, raccoon, vole) or other wildlife and livestock such as cattle, pigs and horses.
- The animal lives, plays, and works outside and is not constrained to a gated kennel i.e. Ranch, Farm or Hunting.
- The animal travels frequently or to endemic Lyme regions or has heavy exposure to ticks.