- Vaccinate annually with Covexin-8.
- BO-SE given 4-6 weeks prior to breeding season.
- Deworm twice yearly. Rotate dewormers with Ivermectin, Panacur and oxybendazole.
- Vaccinate with Covexin-8, 6 to 8 weeks prior to parturition in order to stimulate high levels of colostral antibodies.
- Deworm at the same time, 6 to 8 weeks prior to parturition.
- Rotate dewormers with Ivermectin, Panacur, and oxybendazole.
- BO-SE given as prescribed by the veterinarian.
- Iodine navel, give BO-SE, make sure adequate amount of colostrum was consumed, and give tetanus antitoxin if ewe was not boostered.
- Vaccinate with Covexin-8 at 3 to 4 weeks of age.
- Booster vaccination of Covexin-8 at 6 to 7 weeks of age.
- Deworm at time of booster vaccine.
- Check regularly for external parasites.
- Run periodic fecal examinations to monitor internal parasites.
- Keep the feet trimmed. Ideal is every 4 to 6 weeks to keep them in the best possible shape.
- Any lambs with diarrhea should be checked for coccidiosis.
- Feed free choice RVC Mineral #2.
For any questions concerning routine or emergency health care, contact your veterinarian.